Vir of Maioribus Palma
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vir of Maioribus Palma

Welcome to Vir of Maioribus Palma Guild Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inVomp Guild WS

Work Hazards o_O

Go down 
+3
Aribeth
Grimo Saladin
SuneRei
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SuneRei

Work Hazards o_O Empty
PostSubject: Work Hazards o_O   Work Hazards o_O Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 11:29 pm

Well i'm gonna te ya'll a story and you guys are going to tell me if i should have acted/said anything different that what i did.

Ok so here's the sitch, I was working in my store helping a lady look for a particular item when these two guys come in. Well if you'd seen then you would have thought "crack heads" just like I did. One was short and greasy one was fat and greasy (yiick). Well the shot one came up to me and asked where the dog food was, so I pointed to the general area in the store where it was and I was going to specify when he turned his back and started to walk away. I went back to helping the afore mentioned lady and cashed her out and said my pleasant "Have a good day." Well the two grease balls came up to the counter and asked me where to find salad dressings, at this point I was talking to another lady that had come in so I pointed in the general direction of the items and was again going to tell him exactly where it was when he turned his back to me, again. He then turned around and proceded to tell my "You know ever since we've been in this store your attitude to us has been shitty." It was here that i was struck dumb. I couldn't think of anything to say to him so he continued by saying "All you've done is point..." he pointed to the $20 on the counter saying "There it's right there see?" He was just generally being an ass. Oh and then he told me "I hope you like your job because i'm good friends w/ the manager and he won't like that you've treated me like shit!" Well it was here that i wasn't so quiet and accomidating anymore. I gave him a bright smile and said "Oh really? Thats great because we are really good friends to! Shall I bring him up here for you now to save you the inconvenience?" Well he didn't like his bluff being called like that and continued to rail on my so called "shitty" behavior. Yeah he kept swearing at me so i lost my temper. So i said "As to my behavior earlier I was already occupied w/ helping a lady before you came in and I was going to tell you exactly where the items you were looking for are. I find it very hard to talk to a retreating back so i decided not to waste my breath." thats when i smiled and said "Have a nice day." The lady behind him, (this is funny lol) she said to him "Why do you have to be such and asshole!?" And when she left she muttered "I hope he's still in the parking lot so I can hit him on my way out!"

So should I have been nicer? Should I have kept my mouth shut? I hate that damn phrase but every company uses it..."The costomer is always right!" I just kinda hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bashfulfaerie
Grimo Saladin

Work Hazards o_O Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Hazards o_O   Work Hazards o_O Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 12:25 am

even though there's the whole 'customer is always right rule', you can't forget that you are a person too and if someone is really putting you down intentionally like that, you don't have to put up with it. so what if they complain? go tell your manager what happened and that you couldn't just stand there and let them walk all over you. you need a little 'tude to keep the ruffians out of a convenience store(assuming that you do work at one), so i'm sure at worst you'll get a slap on the wrist and a warning not to do it again.
Back to top Go down
Aribeth

Aribeth

Work Hazards o_O Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Hazards o_O   Work Hazards o_O Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 12:19 pm

Nah, people like that deserve to get Powned xD

good job Colleen, no.1 !!!
Back to top Go down
preator
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
preator

Work Hazards o_O Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Hazards o_O   Work Hazards o_O Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 1:03 pm

The way I deal with customers is I dont interact with them. For one I really can't, meaning I bag groceries and I have to jump from register to register constantly and I have no in between time to mingle with them. So if a customer were to get ugly, I simply look at them pay attention to what they have to say, if its something I dont like, which is 9/10, I continue what I'm doing but listening to them contently. Haha if yall ever seen me work, it does seem I have a bad attitude but that is just how I am. I'm more focused on my work than talking to customers. I'm always doing something.

But as for you Colleen, there are different scenarios you could have taken, explaining to him that you were going to show him where the products were was the right thing to say but the minor blow up could have been avoided. Really no argument should ever be taken with a customer. Always call the MoD to handle that so that nothing would come back on you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/preatorgabe
Lord Tyler
Seraphim Elite
Seraphim Elite
Lord Tyler

Work Hazards o_O Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Hazards o_O   Work Hazards o_O Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:56 pm

the best way to deal with customers is to be polite, "happy", and to be accomodating
as long as they think your gunna help em out all is well and dandy, but of course you get some asshole at least once a day

you handled that greatly babe
Back to top Go down
WhiteTal

WhiteTal

Work Hazards o_O Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Hazards o_O   Work Hazards o_O Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 4:55 pm

good job handing it, i couldnt have done better XD, i kinda have a short temper ><;
Back to top Go down
J o K e R z

J o K e R z

Work Hazards o_O Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Hazards o_O   Work Hazards o_O Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 7:57 pm

o.O wow if i had to handle that guy i would've snapped
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Work Hazards o_O Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work Hazards o_O   Work Hazards o_O Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Work Hazards o_O
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vir of Maioribus Palma :: Off Topic :: Chat-
Jump to: